Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas - Things for 2018

It's Christmas today, and it's been great for me. Cookies, presents, music, all sorts of fun. I got some pretty neat stuff - what did you guys get?

Speaking of Christmas, I'm thinking about all the Little House on the Prairie episodes that were Christmas-themed. I'm also wondering about the Jamaalidays on Animal Jam and Christmas in Transformice. I'm wondering how Alvaro Soler's Christmas went - was it good? As a "solerina", I hope so!

~ Silent night ~ Holy night ~ All is calm ~ All is bright ~

Here's the flat-out truth: I'm planning too many things for 2018. Too much writing I'll probably never finish. Too many challenges I might never get around to doing.

Now, speaking of challenges, I'm planning on doing one - about writing. Maybe fanfiction-related stuff and maybe original content. Each month (starting January 2018) I write a (5000+ words) one-shot, or short story, of a different genre/theme (changing each month). It's up to me whether I want to link the events or not to each other.

If I decide to do that, I'm probably going to do Little House on the Prairie (TV series) fanfiction. It seems the easiest. Little House has always been easy for me to write about. It will be posted on FanFiction.net under the username 2023zhanl38.

Here's "how" I'm thinking about doing it:

January - "Diary". Since Charles is left-handed (or Michael Landon, I should say :P) he probably struggles with trying to fit in. I haven't observed any other left-handed character in the show, and nobody makes any sort of remark about his left-handedness, so maybe he "suffers" in silence. Basically, one day, Charles realizes what it means to be left-handed and starts writing down all the small problems he experiences because of it. Taken from first person POV.

February - Romance. I don't know romance that well. It's just going to be a small fic about either Charles and Caroline or Laura and Almanzo. I'm still deciding on which one of those two I should do, but I'm leaning towards Laura & Almanzo at the moment. Taken from third person POV.

March - Fantasy. It's going to involve a lot of random things that will never be possible. Unicorns and flying humans and (pfft) you get the point. Taken from third person POV.

April - Humor. Hey, hey, it's April Fool's Day - so why not add a little funny stuff? This one is mainly going to be exploring how the characters find the funniest and maybe the most inappropriate parts of many things in life. Taken from third person POV. 

May - Drama. Some drama "springs" up in Walnut Grove and Laura has to fight through it. Her parents aren't supposed to know a thing - because she and the other kids have encountered something strange, for which they have been warned to not discuss with people not mentioned For this one, I'm going with a theme that causes unusual conflict between day and night. Taken from third person POV.

June - Science Fiction. Since Little House takes place in the mid-late 19th century, their sort of "science fiction" could take place in the 21st century, or even later than that. It may as well even take place in the 20th. So, for this, I'm pondering over whether to put the characters in a position that happened to us recently, or make them people from...2023? 2105? Somewhere around that Forget the year - and they managed to time travel back to where the show actually takes place. Taken from third person POV.

July - Random. For this month, I'm going to write anything at all. Any genre, any theme, anything. July is the month where writer's block is most in the way for me, so I'm setting this one to random. I'm thinking about a little tragedy (some Ingalls family member gets depressed, writes in a journal, and commits suicide - the last entry is by another member of the family or of another character). Unsure about POV; leaning towards first person.

August - Mystery. Laura has disappeared. They have to find her. It's not as simple as it seems. Taken from third person POV.

September - Realistic Fiction. For this one, I have to write something that would make sense in their time. Still wondering what I'm going to write for this, though. Unsure about POV.

October - Horror. Hey, hey, it's Halloween - so why not give you the creeps? I already have written a Little House horror story called Horror on the Left Side - you can find it on my profile page on FanFiction.net. For 2018, I'm planning on doing something related to either 1. an early blizzard or 2. Halloween or 3. the mystery from August. Taken from third person POV.

November - Adventure/WHN. I'm not sure about this one because I know adventure usually has lots of chapters, and for these, I don't want them to be too long. That's why I'm leaving WHN (What Happens Next) as another option; I'll write about what happens after an episode. I'll eventually think of something. Unsure about POV; leaning towards third person.

December - Historical Fiction. For this one, since it's going to be December (a whole year? whaaaat) I might decide to write about what would happen if the characters of Little House were there at the time of Jesus' birth, or I could write about something that took place before the show originally takes place. Unsure about POV; leaning towards third person.

~ Baby, it's cold outside ~ 

So there you have it - what I'm planning to do for 2018. I have another challenge in mind, it's another month to month thing, but I don't know if I want to do it. I can set up the rules for you if you want to do it, but I'm probably not going to.

Until then!

~2023zhanl38

No comments:

Post a Comment